Having a diverse and inclusive workplace is what is expected by your people, your customers and your community. There are legal requirements as well - but we don't believe this should be your only driver. It makes good business sense to have a truly diverse and inclusive workplace. Diversity of thought, programs, solutions.
Not all businesses are in the position to roll out extensive Diversity and Inclusion programs across all areas. red sprout co. suggests to target what are your priorities for your business - which your people support, your customers love to see and what is aligned with your 'why', your purpose, your brand and your budget.
Diversity and inclusion initiatives include:
- Gender equality
- Flexibility (hours, location)
- Paid parental leave for both parents (on top of what the legal requirements are)
- Flexibility on return to work after having children or adopting a child
- Flexibility on return to work when your children attend school for the 1st time
- Reconciliation Action plans
- Supporting the diverse needs of your multi-generational workforce
- Extended carers' leave and flexibility to look after aging parents
- Supporting physical differences
- Extensive programs to support mental health
- Volunteer days and CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) programs
Let red sprout co. support your business with your Diversity and Inclusion initiatives.